Saturday, October 18, 2014

Dreamy's Guide to the Strangest Booze in Azeroth!




So I've spent the past few days ransacking Azeroth while looking for the strangest booze the world has to offer. I'm sure I may have missed some, so if I did let me know if you've found any interesting drinks that I didn't include here. There were some that were considered quest items or only usable in certain areas in the world which I didn't include because fuck that! you should be able to drink wherever and whenever you want, damn it. While doing my research last night I did what any normal scientist would do and got wicked drunk at the dark portal. HERE WERE MY FINDINGS:


This rum turns you into a drunken Hozen pirate for about 30 seconds. It's cool but the only thing that kind of sucks is you can't move at all while shapeshifted. You basically just sit there and look pretty. You can get this drink by finding the recipe in a special barrel in Karasang Wilds (coordinates 52.5, 88.7) There's a spawn timer on the barrel that's about 1-2 hours so if it's not there you may have to wait it out. When you open the barrel you'll get the recipe for the rum and 5x Banana Infused Rum. So if you just want to try it you still can with no cooking required.


Moonglow is one of my personal favorites because it's just so dang pretty!  It causes you to glow and sparkle blue and gold for about 10 seconds. Unfortunately it can only be found during the Lunar Festival event (January 20th-February 3rd) and is normally sold from the event vendors for 15 copper. Fortunately it IS tradable and won't disappear after the event so check the AH or alt banks to see if anyone managed to save some. Luckily I'm a pack rat and found a stack in Dreamy's bank. 


Disgusting Rotgut doesn't really do anything special, I just found it funny that they included it in the game. Rotgut is described as "Poor-quality and potentially toxic alcoholic liquor." Also, for some reason the only way to obtain this is to pickpocket certain mobs with level ranges from 83-85. I really wish that when you drank this it caused you to immediately drunken vomit. *sigh* MISSED OPPORTUNITIES BLIZZARD.


 

This one is just silly but it also gives you a fabulous fishing buff because everyone knows that booze and fishing go hand in hand. To even catch a fish you must at the very least have a beer in hand, fish then know you are a true fishing master and hurl themselves at you like desperate bar skanks. ANYWAY,  This is made via a cooking recipe that is generally obtained through the bags you get from fishing and cooking quests. If you haven't gotten it yet, you'll have the best luck with completing your city's daily fishing quest and obtaining it in the Bag of Shiny Things. For the recipe itself you'll need Skin of Dwarven Stout and Flagon of Dwarven Mead which are both sold at the World's End Tavern by Kylene in Shattrath for horde and basically everywhere for Alliance.


This one is pretty fun, it causes you to turn into a spectral pirate! Apparently this also turns your mounts spectral as well so feel free to mount and ride around in full spectral glory. Warning for druids though, if you shapeshift with the buff it will be removed :(  This grog can be found on the timeless isle and is dropped by Rattling Mariners and Spectral Pirates. It's also tradable so you can check the AH (though it might cost you a bit there, I think they're generally at least 20-40 gold for ONE on my server)


If I had a regular drink in WoW this would probably be it. The strongest drink in the land! This immediately gets you completely smashed after one drink. FINALLY, A WAY TO BE INSTANTLY WASTED. This wonderful beverage is sold by cute little Auntie Stormstout in the Stormstout Brewery. If you go into the dungeon she will be immediately on your right. She also has a few other fun alcoholic drinks you can play with only inside the dungeon. They are all a tad expensive but it's good times.


Another of my absolute favorites! We have stacks of these in the guild bank, man. This little shot gets you pretty drunk and also sets you on fire for a few seconds. Originally this shot was only sold in Blackrock Depths by Plugger Spazzring who is a neutral NPC that is attackable so be careful not to kill him before buying your booze. Now you can also buy these drinks from Rare and Luxury Drink Vendors for both Alliance and Horde.


Another drink that doesn't do anything besides get you drunk, but I enjoyed the reference and I really love Hozen. This is based on the popular tequila Jose Cuervo. It's dropped by tons of mobs throughout Pandaria,


I discovered this one by accident actually but it's really one of the best if you ask me. Really the only thing it does is get you drunk and put a red blindfold on your character. The nice thing about it is there's actual lore behind it but sadly it is also probably the hardest to obtain. The brew was created by a blind Pandaren named Ren Yun the Blind. Here's what the page has to say about Ren Yun and his creation of the Four Senses Brew:

To learn this recipe you have to travel to the top of  Kun-Lai Summit. There you will find a small shrine with a statue of Ren Yun and a few items scattered around it. There is a tablet you can click on and loot the Tablet of Ren Yun. The tablet acts as a recipe and you can learn it from that. Now, that was the easy part. To make ONE of these bad boys you need to first of all have 600 in cooking : Way of the Brew, then you need to brew it up using 100-year old soy sauce, rice flour, black pepper, a Pandaren peach and 200 red blossom leaks. That's a lot for one drink! I actually had my boyfriend make this for me (Thank you my darling!) because I never really gave a shit about cooking once MoP hit so I never leveled it to max. DOH. These suckers sell on the AH for upwards of 500 gold (GET REAL).

10. I'm out of drinks currently in game, but during my research I came across two drinks in particular that look like they are going to be added in WoD. The first is Sailor Zazzuk's 180-proof rum which I'm thinking may be a shout out to Sailor Jerry's rum which is also a higher proof rum than most at 92 proof. This drink will apparently be found in the Spires of Arak. The second drink I found was called Hol'bruk's Brutal Brew. This one looks more interesting because the use tip on it says "Take a sip to take on the guise of a Highmaul Ogre." I'm not sure if this is meant to be a quest item or if it's simply another sweet ass transformation booze (here's hoping). This one will be found in past Nagrand in the expansion supposedly and will be dropped by  Hol'bruk the Brewcrusher at a 100% rate.


That's all for now folks! I hope you enjoyed it! As I said before if you've seen any interesting booze in Azeroth, feel free to share in the comments.


and now watch as Dreamy runs drunkenly into the Iron Horde.

YEAH BITCH!!


1 comment:

  1. Soy de Jalisco, y me encantó la referencia de la bebida "Hozen Cuervo" haha
    Nice guide, thank you!

    ReplyDelete